Who is This?
- Date: Sunday, March 4, 2018
- Speaker: John Bell
- Series: Luke
- Scripture: Luke 8:22–8:39
Big Picture: Jesus’ power is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit of God, thus fulfilling messianic prophesy that the Lord’s Anointed would minister in the power of God’s Spirit.
Point # 1: Jesus is the divine Anointed One who pushes back the kingdom of darkness by rebuking a storm whipped up by evil forces to impede his ministry to gentiles.
- Note the fear of the disciples – both before and after the storm.
Point # 2: In the midst of total impurity, Jesus, the divine Anointed One, pushes back the kingdom of darkness by vanquishing an entire army of demons.
- Note the fear of the impure spirit before the exorcism
- Note the fear of the townspeople after the exorcism
Point # 3: Jesus, the divine Anointed One, pushes back the kingdom of darkness by leaving behind a radically transformed missionary to testify about him.