Love Your Enemies
- Date: Sunday, February 11, 2018
- Speaker: John Bell
- Series: Luke
- Scripture: Luke 6:27–6:36
A cruciform (gospel-centered) definition of love: “Love is willing self-sacrifice for the good of another that does not require reciprocation or that the person being loved is deserving.”
Point 1: The WHAT
- Love your enemies
- Do good to those who hate you
- Bless those who curse you
- Pray for those who mistreat you
Point 2: HOW Christians love their enemies
- Turn the other cheek
- Give to everyone who asks.
- Don’t demand back what belongs to you
- Lend money without expecting repayment
- Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Point 3: WHY Christians love their enemies
- What credit is it to you to love those who love you back?
- Your reward will be great.
- You will be children of the Most High.
- God is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
- You are to be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.