How Does Jesus Confront Sin?
- Date: Sunday, January 28, 2018
- Speaker: John Bell
- Series: Luke
- Scripture: Luke 4:31–5:32
How does Jesus confront sin?
- With authority and power, all while preaching the good news of the kingdom of God (4:31-44)
- With a cleansing touch (5:12-16)
- By forgiving the sinner, a prerogative of God alone (5:17-26)
- With grace (5:27-32)
Big Picture: Jesus responds to sin and sinners with compassion, healing, mercy, forgiveness, and grace . . . but expressed in a context of divine, messianic authority as the main party sinned against, thus making Jesus’ compassion and grace in the face of sin utterly unique. This tells us something about who Jesus is.