Christian, Persevere in the Faith
- Date: Sunday, December 31, 2017
- Speaker: John Bell
- Series: General
- Scripture: Hebrews 10:26–10:39
Point # 1 Christian, consider the dreadful judgment of rejecting God’s Son, and so persevere in the faith (26-31).
Three different aspects of apostasy:
1. The apostate has trampled the Son of God underfoot
2. The apostate has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified
3. The apostate has insulted the Spirit of grace
Point # 2 Christian, consider God’s past mercies and his future covenant blessings and so persevere in the faith. Genuine Christians do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved (32-39).
The gospel: The “good news” of what God has accomplished in the death and resurrection of his Son for sin, and in consequence will accomplish in the new heavens and new earth.”