Christ Came into the World to Save Sinners- of Whom I Am the Worst
- Date: Sunday, December 24, 2017
- Speaker: John Bell
- Series: Christmas
- Scripture: 1 Timothy 1:12–1:17
The Main Theme of the Passage: Christ Jesus came into the world to save guilty, undeserving, hell-bound sinners. The mercy and grace in Jesus Christ lavished upon the Apostle Paul provides an illustration that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation for any sinner, because it has been that to him, the worst of sinners.
15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.
Verse 15 is the Mt. Everest of the passage, and shows us that . . .
1. The content of the gospel is true and trustworthy
2. The offer of the gospel is universal; it is intended for everybody.
3. The essence of the gospel is that Christ came to save sinners.
4. The application of the gospel is personal; it must be received by each of us individually.