A Kingdom of Children
- Date: Sunday, July 30, 2017
- Speaker: Hallam Willis
- Series: Guest Preacher
- Scripture: Matthew 17:24–18:14
1. Jesus reorients our desires: we ought to desire being valued by God over being great to God (17:24–18:1)
2. Jesus offers us a picture of what God values most: the child in his disciples midst. The kingdom of heaven will have one king, one ruler, one father: we will all be the ruled, not the rulers; the children, not the parents. The kingdom of heaven will be a kingdom of children (18:2–5).
3. God places immense value on his people turning to him in absolute dependence. God values humble, faithful, child-like faith. We must take great care not to mislead one of these whom God values so highly! (18:6–14)